Your new writing canvas is here with a sleek design and a beautiful experience. You will have all the required tools at your disposal.
Docs by Pepper helps you write creatively, and collaborate seamlessly.
With Docs by Pepper, you can :
- Effortlessly read the brief, write content and get it approved on one single platform.
- Collaborate seamlessly with the creator, editor, and customer async.
- View comments by every stakeholder.
- Restore and compare any of the content versions you’d like.
- Submit the Assignment from the same platform with a single click.
What’s in store for you
Project details organized in one place
The Apps Pane to the right of the Writing Space lists everything you need to know about the assignment.
Assignment Details in plain sight
Now, see every detail about the assignment the status, deadline, readability score, and word count as mentioned in the brief.
The readability score is an important metric to identify how easy your content is to read. The readability score is calculated using the Flesch reading-ease test. It uses the following logic:
- Above 60 ( Grey in color) implies you did a good job, and the content is easy to read.
- Below 60 ( Yellow in color) means that the content is a bit difficult to read, and you should try using simpler words and sentences.
- Below 30 (Red in color) denotes that the content is extremely difficult to read. You need to write so that a 6th grader can understand. You should use simpler words and shorter sentences.
You get content suggestions while writing. The number of suggestions you've incorporated is indicated as well.
You can see the entire brief here instead of switching tabs to check and recheck the brief. In fact you can check out video messages from customers right here.
Read a comment, leave a comment
Here’s how you can comment -
- Select the text you want to comment on.
- Click the comment symbol on the formatting toolbar pop-up.
How to view the comment -
- In the Apps Pane, press the comment symbol
- Skim through the chain of comments.
- When you click on any comment, the respective text also gets highlighted.
Spilling the tea to see who has commented
- Each and every comment - resolved or open, at the bottom of the chain of comments.
- Name and role of the person who has commented
- Date and Time
NOTE : You can’t retrieve a comment once it is deleted.
Track all the versions
Track all changes that have been made at different stages.
- Track the changes in the Writing or Editing version
- Press the respective tab and view every modification
What you can see?
Name and role of the person who worked on that version.
How can you restore a particular version?
Hover over that version and click “Restore this version”.
Submit or Pass without switching tabs
While submitting your assignment, need not worry about switching tabs to submit.
- Click the Submit button on top-right
- Press the Confirm button on the popup
Once passed, you will not have access to the assignment
When you pass the assignment, it will be permanently removed from your log of requests. We request you to state your reason for doing so. That'll help us understand the kind of content you’d like to work on in the future.
- In the apps pane, press the Unsplash icon
- Choose/Search for the image you’d like to insert
You get access to Grammarly Premium which helps you write clearly and mistake-free.
Grammarly detects the tone and underlines grammatical errors and spelling mistakes.
You need to disable your Grammarly chrome extension else, the Premium benefits we offer get overridden.
Write plagiarism-free content
To know if the content is plagiarism-free, run it through the plagiarism check on the apps pane. Click 'View Suggestion, to know the overall percentage of plagiarised content, along with links to original source content. However, you are allowed to view plagiarism suggestions only twice.
Write effortlessly in your Writing Space
Copy Paste everything in a jiffy
You can copy-paste the content onto Docs easily. It’ll retain all the formatting options of the source including rich media like videos and photos as well as the hyperlinks.
Format the text. Throw in some colors
You can format the text using the formatting toolbar. You can also insert an image and hyperlink your text.
When you select a text, you’ll see that a quick formatting option pops up instantly. Format the content as required.
Insert and format tables like never before
- Press the insert table option on the formatting toolbar
- Select the number of rows and columns
- View the table on your writing space
- When you click on the cells, two kebab icons appear on the top and right side of each cell.
- Press the icons and click on the action you'd like to perform - insert/clear/delete rows or columns.
Press the kebab icon in the formatting toolbar. Choose Find and Replace. You also have the option to match the case.
- Press the kebab icon on the formatting toolbar
- Toggle the button that says Share to the web
- Copy the link that gets generated
- Choose the grant access:
- View Content
- Add Comments
- Edit Content
Anyone with the link will be able to perform any of these actions as per the access you’ve given.
We're constantly making enhancements to make sure you have all the tools to write the best piece of content.
Better be on the lookout. Anyway, it's high time we bid goodbye to Google Docs, don't you think?